As residential renewable power adoption rates continue to increase, commercially scaled renewable energy projects have the potential to save businesses, building owners and farmers even more money each year.
Commercial green energy projects in Alberta are positioned very well to capitalize on the following advantages:
- Economies of scale - the larger projects benefit from more efficient and lower cost installations and equipment volume discounts. The size of the project is especially critical for wind generation, where larger scale turbines and taller towers provide an access to stronger winds.
- Lower operating costs - the variable components in a utility bill for commercial, arrigation and farm services are usually higher than for residential service. That makes it easier for renewables to economically lower the business operating costs. If your business consumes electricity mostly during the daytime, a grid-tie solar power can provide even larger savings in transmission in distribution charges.
- Low risk investment in the solar power - while photovoltaic systems require virtually no maintenance, your own generation provodes a hedge against raising utilities costs.
- Better access to the energy - commercial properties with larger rooftops and farm lands are better canditdates to access renewable energy.
- Depreciation incentives - renewable power producers that generate electricity for profit benefit from faster tax depreciation of the capital expenses under CCA Class 43.2. The tax incentive does not apply for micro-generation.
- Marketing - installing a solar power or wind power system demonstrates a corporate commitment to quality and the environment, separate from your competitors.
We will help to customize the project structure to ensure the maximum number of benefits from the above is captured. Dandelion Renewables keeps the project books open and transparent so that it is clear how the benefits flow-through to our customers.